Reporting Child Abuse
Children have the right to be protected and to be safe. Unfortunately, there are times when children in Newfoundland and Labrador are harmed or abused. Child abuse includes physical, sexual or emotional harm, living with violence or being left without adequate supervision.
- Physical abuse is any non-accidental physical force or action that harms a child.
- Sexual abuse is the inappropriate exposure of a child to sexual contact, activity or behaviour.
- Emotional abuse is anything that causes mental or emotional harm to a child
To report child abuse call your local Child, Youth and Family Services office or contact your local police:
- Daytime: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (709) 752-4238
- After Hours: (709) 752-4619
- Daytime: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (709) 292-1210
- After Hours: (709) 292-2500
- Daytime: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (709) 637-2686
- After Hours: (709) 637-2686
- Daytime: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (709) 896-9170
- After Hours (709) 897-2000
Board Approved 2012